Saturday, July 4, 2009

Donated To Science II

I caught up with Paul Trotman at the Med School for some portraits again yesterday. The first we did was in the Anatomy Museum. I wanted something a little more stylish in there, it's so full of great props. Being a museum though, the place was a little cluttered, but we rearranged some props, used a flash into an umbrella to blast away the ambient light and lose the clutter in the background and came up with a shot we both really liked very quickly.

Anatomy

I had to pick my daughter up from school, so we didn't have a lot of time to get up into the dissection room for something a little documentary style - Paul in the primary location of his film. I'd have liked to stay a little longer to light the room and body bags some more, but we pulled off something acceptable in the few minutes before I had to go. I lit paul with the umbrella and aimed another flash to the back of the room just to pick out one or two body bags. This is something of a setup shot. If you look you can see the second flash on one of the dissecting tables.

The Dissecting Room II

Paul D Room 6

This shot is actually one of the first, using my 50mm 1.8 lens and just ambient light. Not so dramatic, but I like the soft focus on the body bags that the shorter depth of field provided.


I'm taking the family skiing on Monday so this may just be my last post for a couple of weeks. Hopefully I'll find time for Strobist Boot Camp II assignment 2 and have some other interesting stuff to post when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment