Friday, August 5, 2011

Android App for Photographers

Just a Google phone
At last, somebody (chainfire) has come up with a DSLR remote app for Android users.  This one allows you to fully use your Canon DSLR from your Android device with just a USB cable. There's been a DSLR controller out for the iphone for some time, and not being a Mac or iphone user (I started off as a Mac lover but it's a long story...) I've been awaiting the development of an Android equivalent.  It's still in beta, but I gather demand has been so high, the developers have released it early, and there are some enthusiastic reviews already.

I'm looking forward to hooking it up to my new Samsung Nexus S (that's my old HTC Magic in the picture) and taking it for a drive. You can check it out in the Android market here.

UPDATE: Seems the app is fine on Android tablets, but not yet working on phones without host functionality like my Nexus S.  As the Android Market notes say: Most Honeycomb TABLETS should be compatible. At the moment the only PHONE that is compatible is the Samsung Galaxy S2, with the 2.3.4 KG series firmware or newer.".  Fingers crossed for the full release...

No comments:

Post a Comment