Sunday, September 19, 2010

Celebrity at last!

No not me.  My fame stretches about as far as the waistband on my undies does and these days, that's not far at all. I'm more D-lebrity than C-lebrity but I am taking part in one of the Hump Ridge Track's celebrity walks next March. The real celebs doing it are Kiwi sporting hero Barbara Kendall and Fiordland's greatest Moose hunter Ken Tustin. Ken's a former scientist and helicopter pilot who has spent years in the Fiordland bush, many of them trying to confirm the existence of Moose. My mate Max Quinn made a film about Ken a few years ago: "Wild Moose Chase".

I know with their wealth of stories, Ken and Barbara will make great walking companions. I could always share a story from my adventures in blues bands, or in television, but I'm planning on spending more time helping folks make great pictures along the way. It's going to be a blast.

Anyway, click here for more details, and join one of us on one of NZ's best walking tracks!

No comments:

Post a Comment