Monday, May 31, 2010

High Water

High WaterII

We have been struck by a prolonged bout of rain here in NZ. The whole country has copped it, but there has been a lot of flooding in Eastern and Northern Otago. Not great conditions to go out in, but there are still pictures to be made, so I forced myself off the couch to go and get some just to prove I could.


I found a bunch of contractors dealing with a little bit of surface flooding in the city and staked them out for a while, hoping for a little drama but to be honest, there was just a lot of talking and pointing going on. In wet weather, patterns and reflections in the water are always a good standby, so I got something from the raindrops on the water and the reflection of their truck lights before heading home to the fire. The light was poor, and the rain was miserable (light rather than torrential and exciting) so I found the challenge of making a decent shot quite instructive.

Subsequently, I have ordered a new Matin rain jacket for my camera, and a good waterproof hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment