Monday, October 19, 2009

Things Change, Old Cock

Weather Vane

Here's another thing I love about photography: its ability to express metaphors. You can take this shot as a metaphor for my life if you like, or you could just take it as a picture of a tin rooster on somebody's roof (Miller's flat, Central Otago).

Whichever you decide, I haven't been shooting many pictures in the last couple of weeks. I've been concentrating more on trying to sell a few, processing shots and getting the galleries of the conference candids up for people to browse and hopefully purchase. I've had one order so far, which isn't exactly going to make me rich, but the site is getting hits so that's encouraging. This photography thing could actually start to pay off some day.

Then there's the rehab on my knees, which is progressing nicely. Last week I checked out a new mountain bike trail without taking a single picture. Actually that's not true. I took my kit on my back, and I did get my camera phone out for a reference shot, but the SLR stayed stowed for the whole ride. Of course I plan to go back and get some action shots some time - if my new gig writing scripts for a local soap opera allows. As if that wasn't enough, the lovely Mrs C and I are also contemplating a possible shift in our domestic arrangements.

Change in the weather or just the usual load of old cock? I dunno. You decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment