Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Nobody Is Paying Me To Say This (But I Wish They Would)

I've been using Photoshop for a few years and find it a pretty powerful tool. So when I heard about Adobe Lightroom and the repeated buzzword "workflow", I kind of thought "Over-hyped Photoshop lite". But having tried it out, I have to say it's a pretty good bit of kit for amateur or pro photographers. From RAW processsing through local and global adjustment, to creating web galleries, it packs plenty of muscle. And if you process a lot of pictures, like I ended up doing with my conference candids, you'll appreciate what it can do for your "workflow".

Of course, it neccessitated doubling my RAM to get it to run properly on my laptop and just like Photoshop, there are features you'll find invaluable that you didn't even suspect it had. Like some very cool composition helper layers like various thirds and golden spirals. The good news is that there are some fantastic free webinars at creativetechs.com. If you don't mind surfing in live at 7:00 am NZ time, you get an hour of great instruction for free. If that's too early for you, you can always pay for the downloaded recording. Check them out here: http://creativetechs.com/training/

No comments:

Post a Comment