Friday, September 4, 2009

Sunrise, Moonset

Moonset 2

I planned to get out and get some nice sunrise shots this morning, before heading out of town to do some skiing. As I was getting ready to leave the house, I saw the moonset and had to try and capture it. The only place the moon wasn't obscured by trees was my compost heap, so that's where I found myself at 6.15 this morning. I hope it was worth it.

Moonset

Then I raced over to Sandfly bay just to see what the sealions were doing. I decided to stay high up on the viewing platform. Unfortunately the bay is in the shadow of Sandymount, so no great sunrise landscape to be had. Way down below, males were harassing females... it is Spring after all. I didn't want to go all the way down to the beach and shoot, but I did manage to get this fellow heading down to the water.


Morning Bather

Like they say, any day you see the sun rise is a good day. So seeing the moon set too, I think today got off to a pretty good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment