Thursday, July 22, 2010

More Photouring

Viv and the Big Sky

I'd like to think my clients Viv and Margaret learned a lot on my latest photour into the wintry Maniototo, but I've a sneaking suspicion I learned more.  They're both very accomplished photogs and got some terrific images on our big day out, which I'm hoping to post a few examples of some day soon.

Margaret en Photour

I was reluctant to snap away myself, wanting to be of most service to my guests, but they insisted that while we were in such stunning surrounds, I get some shots for myself, so I took up Viv's offer of playing with her Canon G10, as well as my own Canon DSLR's.  Here's one I liked:

Fire and Ice

That's solid ice, thick enough to support my weight all the way across.  What did I learn of value from the trip?  Too much for one blog entry, but I'll share two biggies:  Kathmandu duck down vests and fleece fingerless gloves that convert into mittens. 

What's your favourite bit of photography wardrobe?

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, not sure what my fave is but could have used some advice last month. Trying to take shots while holding a voice recorder and taking notes while walking. Advice? Another pair of hands?

    ReplyDelete