Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Shooting in the Gold Mine.

As promised, here's a little more on my shoot at a gold mine.  Oceana Gold's open cast mine at Macraes flat, to be more precise.  They do have underground mines on site too, but this combined stills and video shoot was for my client West-Trak, who were looking for a calendar photo of the Hitachi EX3600 digger and bucket they supply.

The ground at Macraes is hard, quartz-bearing schist, and wears those buckets down quickly, as my guide told me. That hasn't stopped them gouging out a series of massive pits up at Macraes, returning thousands of kilos of gold over the last 23 or so years.

When there's a little more time I'll share more of the story of my visit. Meanwhile, here's a little BTS video for you to enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment