Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Sliding on Otago Peninsula

I had a couple of spare hours yesterday so went out with my latest piece of kit, the Glidetrack Shooter SD. Its a set of slider rails for smooth video camera movement. Yeah, we're almost getting off-topic here: Video. But with the convergence of DSLR and Hi Def video, in my opinion stills shooters need video skills up their sleeves. And I'm not just a stills shooter, I like to think of myself as a content creator.

Anyway, I popped out to a couple of my favourite spots 10 minutes drive from my house on Otago Peninsula, Sandfly Bay and the derelict farmhouse on the Nyhon track, Hoopers Inlet. The slider is only 75 cm long, but gave really good results on the ground or mounted on my Induro tripod legs. I was so over television, but this could get me back into moving images again! Very brief Youtube test clip below.

The music is from "Our Universe" by Professor Kliq. Shots taken on my Canon 7D with the EF-S 10-22mm and EF L 24-70mm 2.8 zoom lenses.


  >

Now Santa, can we talk about that fluid drag head, follow focus and set of LED light panels? LCD monitors never offend...

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Clive! Nice use of the new gear. Can't wait to join you at these spots!

    ReplyDelete